Help Northeastern Make A Greater Impact
Information Technology Services (ITS) is the central provider of technology infrastructure, services and applications for more than 45,000 students, faculty, researchers and staff at Northeastern University. The division serves as a technology partner, evaluating and delivering innovative and collaborative solutions. The goal: to promote and advance teaching, learning, research, and support for the Northeastern community.
ITS’s solutions range from supporting the myNortheastern portal and high-performance computing, to providing secure networks and training on critical applications. All this and more are in place to equip students, faculty and staff with the tools necessary to achieve
Current StudentsPlease visit the student employment website for open positions; search for Resnet Resource Center as the listed employer.
Seeking Incoming Freshman for Two Teams
ITS Customer Services group is recruiting local pre-freshmen to join our team of student technicians. ITS Customer Services is composed a full service student computer repair center called the ResNet Resource Center (ResNet), and the Service Desk which maintains campus computer labs and classroom AV. We are searching for motivated students who are looking for an on-campus job for the upcoming academic year.
InfoCommons and Service Desk
Student staff help support ITS-managed computer labs and printer locations around campus, as well as provide email, phone and walk-up support to students, faculty and staff.
Areas of Responsibility
- Help & Information Desk support: Provide in-person technical support for faculty, staff and students. Check in and out loanable inventory.
- Floater: Be available for students before they have to approach the Help & Information Desk, keep the ITS-managed labs clean, stock printer with paper and toner, and replenish additional paper supplies.
- Printer support: Ensure remote printers around campus are fully stocked and operational.
- Digital Media Commons (DMC) support: Provide in-person hardware and software support for Digital Media Commons, monitor reserved workstations and co-lab rooms.
- 54 Dodge support: Oversee Dell computer lab in 54 Dodge. Provide support for workstations and printer in this location.
- Phone support: Provide customer service and telephone support for university faculty, staff, students, alumni and parents.
- AV support: Serve as technical support for classrooms and labs. Delivery and setup of audio and video equipment.
Areas of Responsibility
- Software support: Installing Windows or Mac OS X operating systems, or general software applications, including antivirus
- Data recovery and backup
- Networking support: troubleshooting networking issues, registering a computer or device for internet access on ResNet, NUwave, or NURes-device
- Tech support: removing viruses and/or, spyware, new computer setup, and answering general computer support questions
- Hardware support: diagnosing hardware problems, replacing Dell and Apple computer parts covered by warranty
- First-line support for HuskyCable TV