All faculty and staff are provided with an @northeastern.edu email account upon his/her start date. Information Technology Services (ITS) uses Microsoft Office 365 Exchange, which is accessible through Microsoft Outlook (Windows/Mac), the Outlook Web App (OWA) and various mobile devices. For those interested in using a different email application, IMAP is available.
Email accounts are available for vendors, contractors or consultants performing work for Northeastern University. Northeastern staff must include the request for an email account when submitting a Sponsored Account Request form for these individuals.
A university @northeastern.edu email account includes the following features:
- Contacts, integrated with Northeastern’s email directory for quick access to faculty, staff and student email accounts
- Integration with Lync instant messaging and SharePoint
- Web-based access using Outlook Web App (OWA)
- IMAP support for using alternate email applications
- Sync email, contacts, calendar and notes with mobile devices
- Ability to have email account forwarded
- Support for an email aliases
A university email account (@northeastern.edu) is automatically available to faculty and staff upon their start date.
Non-Northeastern individuals who require a university email address must have their sponsors select the university email option on the Sponsored Accounts Request Form, with access pending approval; see the Sponsored Accounts page for details.
To configure email and/or Outlook on your computer, the web or a mobile device, follow the tips and tricks outlined in the How To’s.
Please contact the ITS Service Desk at 617.373.4357 (xHELP), email firstname.lastname@example.org or initiate a chat session with any questions or visit our Getting Started pages for more details. Support is provided by ITS during Service Desk hours, except during holidays and intersession.
Scheduled maintenance will be announced.