IBM SPSS Statistics is a comprehensive set of data and predictive analytics tools. In addition to statistical analysis, data management and data documentation are features of the base software.
IBM SPSS Modeler is a data mining and text analytics software application used to build predictive models and conduct other analytic tasks.
Platforms: Windows, Mac
Vendor Information: IBM Inc.
SPSS Statistics access methods listed below are for academic and administrative use. However, if you install SPSS Statistics on a personal computer, it is restricted to academic use only under the university’s license agreement with IBM.
- Northeastern-managed computers
- Windows – Available on all ITS-managed lab and faculty/staff Northeastern-managed computers under Start > All Programs > Statistical and Computational > SPSS
- Mac – All InfoCommons lab computers and Faculty/Staff Northeastern-managed computers can access it under Applications. Faculty/Staff must first install it from Self Service
- Virtual: Appcloud
- Unmanaged Northeastern computers: myNortheastern > Services and Links > Faculty/Staff Services > Software Downloads
- Student personal computers (academic use only): myNortheastern > Self-Service > Study and Course Resources > Software Downloads
- Faculty/staff personal computers (academic use only): myNortheastern > Services and Links > Faculty/Staff Services > Software Downloads
NOTE: SPSS license expires annually in August. Software on Northeastern-managed computers will renew automatically. Software locally installed on personal computers will require user update with a new authorization code which may be found in Software Downloads under the heading “SPSS & AMOS Authorization Codes for License Renewal”. (Software does not need to be re-downloaded/re-installed, but authorization code does need to be updated for new annual license each year.)
SPSS Modeler is available to faculty and students for academic purposes only from the Academic Software Center on myNortheastern.
NOTE: When SPSS Modeler is downloaded, it is being licensed by you from IBM under the terms of their Academic Initiative Program.
All users of Northeastern University-owned/-managed/-licensed computers, networks, systems and software, are responsible for being familiar with and adhering to the Appropriate Use Policy (AUP).