Sign into the Northeastern Office 365 Portal
Active Northeastern students can download the latest version of Microsoft Office at no additional cost through the Microsoft Student Advantage program. The program provides Microsoft’s Office applications to students, as part of Northeastern’s site-wide license for Office 365 ProPlus. Students may download and install the full suite of applications on up to five personal computers.
Platforms: Windows, Mac and mobile
Northeastern students may download the Office suite through the myNortheastern portal once they begin classes. You can also directly access Office 365 downloads and web apps at portal.office.com.
This license also provides access to other Office 365 ProPlus services, including cloud storage through OneDrive for Business; access to online versions of the Office applications; and mobile applications where you can access, edit, and view Office documents on your mobile device.
Access is tied to active student status, so once you have left the university, whether you have graduated or withdrawn, you will have one (1) year before your Office 365 account and all associated services will not work.
To install or log into Office 365 products you MUST use your Office 365 username:
For example, if your myNortheastern username is kinghusky, your Office 365 username is firstname.lastname@example.org. Your password is the same one you use for myNortheastern.
- Visit your Office 365 Portal
- Once you’ve reached the sign in page linked in Step 1, enter your username using the following format:
Please note that the email username you enter may be different than your Northeastern student email address.
Next, enter your password, which should be the password you enter for logging into the myNortheastern portal.
Click “Sign In.”
- At the top right of the page, select “Install Office Apps,” then choose “Office 365 Apps”
- Wait for Office to download and install
- Open an Office program
- Click on “File”, “Account”, then select “Activate Office”
- Sign in with your Microsoft account
- This may have to be repeated once for each of the Office programs.
NOTE: Downloaded software will be installed separately from any previous versions of Microsoft Office, so if you have an older version of Office and install Office 2013 or 2016, you will have two different copies of Microsoft Office that are accessible.
If you have any questions or need help, contact the ITS Service Desk at 617.373.4357 (xHELP), email email@example.com or initiate a chat session. Support is provided by ITS during Service Desk hours, except during holidays and intersession.
- How To: Download Office applications through the Microsoft Student Advantage program
- How To: Install Office 2016 on a Mac through Office 365
- How To: Download and install the Office 365 mobile apps
All users of Northeastern University-owned/-managed/-licensed computers, networks, systems and software, are responsible for being familiar with and adhering to the Appropriate Use Policy (AUP).