Learn more about Blackboard on the
Northeastern Learning Ecosystem’s Blackboard page
Blackboard is Northeastern’s online learning management system, a framework for an instructor to set up a course site and post material to it that students enrolled in that course can access
Additional features of this service include:
- Communication through discussion boards and chat
- Faculty administration and grading of assignments and tests
- Integration with course evaluation, FACT, lecture capture and other educational technology tools such as Collaborate, Voicethread, and lecture capture tools
As of January 2018, all courses are hosted on https://northeastern.blackboard.com. All university community members may seek help with Blackboard or integrated third-party tools in several ways:
- Call: 617-373-4357 (HELP)
- Email: email@example.com
- Walk-in: Help & Information Desk by the InfoCommons
- Chat: Available in the ITS Service portal
- Documentation: NLE site (general information about Blackboard and other teaching and learning tools) and the Service Portal (information and problem resolution.
- Training: view courses at GoSignMeUp or email our training specialists.
Calling 617.373.4357 (xHELP) between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Monday through Friday will route you to the ITS Service Desk. Outside of those times, callers looking for help with Blackboard will be routed to a third-party vendor, Blackboard Student Services, where you can talk with an agent. Unresolved tickets will be escalated back to the Service Desk for follow-up. This third-party support group does not assist with third-party tools used in conjunction with Blackboard.
For questions or problems with TurnItIn, Tegrity, Digication, Poll Everywhere, PlayPosit, Storyline, VoiceThread, Respondus and other third-party educational technology tools, contact the ITS Service Desk.
Note: Faculty and students working in courses created by Orbis (many Nursing courses) and Pearson Embanet (some business courses) are instructed in their course templates to call these organizations’ respective toll-free numbers for help with their courses (Orbis Portal: 844-570-6767; Embanet Portal: 866-291-8058). You may contact ITS as well with general Blackboard questions, but the ITS staff may refer you to Orbis or Embanet if there is an issue with course content and you see Orbis or Embanet in the course template.
If you have any questions or need help, contact the ITS Service Desk at 617.373.4357 (xHELP), email firstname.lastname@example.org or initiate a chat session. For college-specific Blackboard training and help, contact the support numbers above.
Academic Technology Services and NU Online Experiential Learning (NUOEL) provides technical support and consultation for Blackboard, Web Conferencing, Lecture Capture, Student Response, Learning Object Creation, and other academic technologies. Learn more about these technologies at the Northeastern Learning Environment website