ServiceNow is the Northeastern community’s gateway to Information Technology Services customer support. The portal services the university in many ways, providing the ability to make technology requests, report issues, track incidents, search for information on university technologies, manage change requests, and create reports to help Northeastern manage its technology and support needs. There are some additional administrative areas beyond ITS that use ServiceNow for updating and closing tickets.
Based on your role at the university, you may use ServiceNow to:
- Report an issue or service outage/incident
- Request or order services or products offered by ITS
- Browse or search for information in the Knowledge Base
- Submit a Request for Change (RFC) to request a product or service not offered by ITS, or a change to a current product or service
- Manage and track your open requests
Students, faculty and staff can access ServiceNow directly from Popular Links on the ITS home page or by going to ServiceNow. You will be required to log in with your myNortheastern username and password.
If you are logged in to the myNortheastern portal, you can find the link to the ServiceNow portal under the student Self-Service tab or the faculty/staff Services and Links tab. No additional login is required if you use this access method.
ITS staff and functional support groups who update and close ServiceNow tickets can sign in to the support version of the site at ServiceNow – Classic UI.
For students, faculty and staff using the ServiceNow portal:
- There is a catalog of identified services that you can request. There is also a form for requests that are not included in that catalog. All requests will go to the appropriate group within ITS, who will then work with you to fulfill your needs.
- The portal also provides a number of the most common issues for you to report when you are having a problem with campus technology, along with a general form for issues not listed. These will go to the ITS Service Desk who will work to resolve your issue. If you have a problem that needs immediate support, call 617.373.4357 (xHELP).
- The self-service Knowledge Base is also part of the portal, linked on the top menu. See the Knowledge Base page for more information.
Please see the How-To section below for instructions on finding and using the request and issue forms.
ITS staff and functional support groups should sign up for ServiceNow training on support functions.
Students, faculty and staff needing further assistance using the ServiceNow portal, contact the ITS Service Desk at 617.373.4357 (xHELP), email email@example.com or initiate a chat session. For more general information and help on all ITS-related services, please see the ITS Knowledge Base.