Locker and Vending Services
Northeastern makes certain hardware available for brief loans. Items are picked up and returned at marked locations in Snell Library. It’s safe, hygienic, and self-service – you decide what you need and when.
This expanded program includes two related services:
- Locker Services is for laptops and cameras – larger, more valuable “Click and Collect” items. It’s also used for returning borrowed items.
- Vending Services relies on machines similar to those that you might find selling snacks or drinks, but instead of refreshments they contain adapters, Bluetooth presenters, and other small tech items that can help you get through your day.
Students can borrow a laptop, camera, adapter or other gear for 24 hours. Faculty can borrow the same items for 1 to 3 days.
Click and Collect: Get Started
To borrow a laptop or camera, visit the Locker Services page and choose the item you want to borrow. You’ll receive an email with a bar code and number, as well as the location of the locker where you can pick up your item.
Vending Items: Get Started
If you haven’t borrowed from the Snell vending machines before, you’ll need to complete a one-time registration at the Vending Services page. Scan your QR code or enter the number from your registration email, then select your item.
Return an Item
Whether you got your item from a locker or vending machine, the process is the same. Visit the Returns page and choose your preferred dropoff location. When you get there, scan the code or enter the number from your email, and the designated locker will open so you can deposit the item.
Don’t be late! Items borrowed through these systems are subject to fees for every day they are late being returned. If your item is more than 7 days late, you will be assessed the full cost of the item.
Locker and Vending Locations
The Snell locker and vending locations are labeled by color.
- The Hub (Blue) – near the front entrance
- The Print Circle (Orange) (lockers only) – center of the first floor
- Argo (Green) – back hall of the first floor
- Snell Classroom (Red) (lockers only) – classroom side of Snell Library. Closed weekends.
Have Questions or Need Help?
- Look for ITS concierge staff in red or gray polo shirts and masks. You’ll find them in Snell Library near the locker and vending locations.
- The IT Service Desk is also available to help 24/7/365 at 617.373.HELP  or email@example.com.