Northeastern—including IT Services and other partners around the university—is continuously engaged in efforts to mature the digital university.
Engaged in efforts to mature the digital university
The CIO’s core priorities and values, informed by the university’s Academic Plan, frame decision-making and direction for efforts that shape the university’s technology landscape. At any given time, ITS is actively working on over 100 different projects with or for university partners and members of the Northeastern community.
IT Services and its Project Management Office (PMO) accepts requests for projects from campus partners.
Featured Ongoing and Future Projects
Below are examples of just some of the ongoing and future projects that help illustrate the work being done to move the university’s strategic goals forward and enhance its global impact through the use of technology.
- Cloud Center of Excellence (CCOE)The university is establishing a Cloud Center of Excellence to accelerate the transformation, adoption, security, and governance of institutional cloud computing resources….
- EXPBuilding the technological infrastructure for advanced classroom and research capabilities at the new state-of-the-art research center, EXP….
- Grouper Access ManagementWith an integration with the Canvas Learning Management System, Grouper will provide a simple and automated way to assign Canvas courses based on a person’s role, location, or other information….
- Mentor HubThis multi-phase initiative is an effort between Educational Innovation and IT Services to launch and optimize MentorHub NU, the interactive platform that supports the university’s Student Support Initiative….
- New College of the Humanities, LondonPart of the continued effort to seamlessly integrate the London location into Northeastern’s global university network includes a continued buildout of classroom and other technology. …
- CRM Digital TransformationNortheastern is creating an institutional strategy, steering committee, and roadmap for Salesforce EDA, the university’s enterprise CRM system, which will lay the foundation for future work, projects, and enhancements….
- NU Admit, Northeastern’s Enterprise Admissions PlatformThrough this project, Northeastern is implementing a single, modern enterprise admissions platform to replace the two different platforms serving the undergraduate and graduate programs, Admitware and ApplyYourself, respectively….
- Campus Communications Infrastructure ImprovementsThis multiyear, multiphase project, in collaboration with Northeastern’s Facilities division, research enterprise, and other campus stakeholders, will address these imperatives by updating and improving the campus wired and wireless networks centered out of Northeastern’s Boston location….
- Cybersecurity Certification for Research EnterpriseNortheastern’s IT Services, Research Enterprise Services, and other key stakeholders and research partners are seeking level 3 of the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification 2.0 and putting the processes, governance, and training in place to meet these requirements….
- Mills CollegeThis project aims to integrate Mills College in California’s Bay Area into Northeastern’s digital university vision by delivering the university’s IT infrastructure, services, and experiences to the Bay Area location….