Northeastern—including IT Services and other partners around the university—is continuously engaged in efforts to mature the digital university.
- Teaching with Tablets: Instructors Share Success StoriesOften viewed as a hybrid between a laptop computer and a smartphone, a tablet’s size and functionality can provide a mobile yet fully functional solution for instructors, both in and outside of the classroom. iPads and Surface Pros also provide portability of the instructor workspace, so they can carry their coursework from class to class and modify their content or grade wherever they are when feeling inspired. …
- Faculty and Staff Tech Update: May 11, 2022In this update, take action by accepting updated NUwave certificates, refresh your knowledge about the Hub, explore new additions to the Adobe Creative Suite, check out Concur’s updated interface, and learn about using Poll Everywhere in your classroom….
- Student Tech Update: April 6, 2022In this update, find guidance for navigating Outlook’s new look and feel on a Mac, as well as a new resource for improving your presentations….
- Faculty and Staff Tech Update: April 6, 2022This Update includes news about a much-anticipated feature in Teams meetings, Co-organizers. There’s also tips for sharing content wirelessly in the classroom….
- Matt Meyer Named Associate Vice President, Global IT OperationsMatt Meyer, an outstanding relationship-minded IT leader, has been named associate vice president for global IT operations in the Office of the CIO and Vice President for Information Technology at Northeastern University. …
- NOW Mobile App Updates – HR On the GoIt’s easier than ever to find information about your benefits, manage HR tickets, and more at Northeastern….