Borrowing and Returning Hardware: Locker Services and Vending Services
Northeastern makes certain hardware available for brief loans, and these borrowed items are picked up and returned at marked locations in Snell Library. Safe and hygienic, this self-service process lets you decide what you need and when you need it.
Our expanded program includes two related services:
- Locker Services uses smart lockers for borrowing and returning laptops, cameras, etc.
- Vending Services relies on smart vending machines that contain adapters, chargers, Bluetooth presenters, and other small tech items that can help you get through your day.
Students, faculty, and staff can borrow items from either service.
- Locker Services items can be borrowed for up to five days at a time.
- Vending Services items must be returned within 24 hours.
Click and Collect: Get Started
To borrow a laptop or camera, visit the Locker Services page and choose the item you want to borrow. Once the form is submitted, you’ll receive an email with a bar code and number, along with the location of the locker where you can pick up your item.
Vending Items: Get Started
If you’ve never borrowed from the Snell vending machines, visit the Vending Services page and request a Personal Vending Access Code. Once at the locker, scan the QR code or enter the number from your registration email in order to select your item.
Return an Item
Whether you retrieved your borrowed item from a locker or a vending machine, the process is the same.
Visit the Return an Item page and select your preferred drop-off location. When you arrive at the location, scan the QR code or enter the number from your email. The designated locker will open so that you can deposit the item.
All borrowed items must be returned on time and in the same condition! The exact items borrowed must be returned; replacements will not be accepted. If you return a borrowed item late, damaged, or missing any components, such as a charger, you will be charged a fine. You will be charged a replacement fee for items that are lost or not returned. The amount of the late fine or replacement fee is determined by the value of the borrowed item(s).
Locker and Vending Locations
Lockers and vending machines are labeled by color in the following locations:
- The Hub (Blue): Near the front entrance.
- The Glass Circle (Orange), lockers only: Center of the first floor.
- Campus Coffee and Tea (Green): Back hall of the first floor.
- (Red), lockers only: First-floor Student Collaboration Space.
Have Questions or Need Help?
- Look for IT Services concierge staff (wearing red T-shirts or gray polo shirts) in Snell Library near the locker and vending locations.
- The IT Service Desk is also available to help 24/7/365 at 617.373.HELP  or firstname.lastname@example.org.